Many in stock
This workshop (includes dedicated 8 live online classes for 1 hour each) is primarily designed for those who appreciate this art form and who are inquisitive and curious to learn more about its execution. Participants will be taught how to draw and copy the famous BANI THANI miniature painting by Nihal Chand. It will be taught by a very talented artist and an experienced art educator Swati Rajoria. She lives in MP, India.
2. Base Wash: Learn how to perfectly cover large areas of background with colour. Learn the watercolour steps for mixing the colours, and giving them a smooth rendered finish on your base.
3. Painting Skin Tones: You will develop a deeper understanding of painting female skin tones. Learn about the colour palette and how it ties in with painting skin tones.
4. Painting Clothes: Mixing colours and shading folds. understanding light and shade as you go.
5. Painting Faces and Eyes: You will learn about how to properly paint the face. These skills include: how to accentuate the contours of the face, how to paint eyes, how to make faces look more expressive by adding the slight smile curve, and other tips and tricks.
6. Painting Hair: Learn the fine tips for painting hair strands and how to shade and highlight to show the flow.
7. Adding design: To make the artwork interesting one needs to add motif details and patterns not just to the attire but also as jewelry additions.
8. Transparency Effect: Most people find the effect of creating transparency as the most challenging part. Learn to create the see-through feel with poster colours.
Fine microtip black/brown pen
Poster colour set
Brushes- 000, 0, 2, 4 in round and 4, 6 in flat
Palette/plates to mix colours
Cotton cloth to wipe
Toothpick for making dots (or use a dotting tool)
**Please see the refund policy for art classes before enrolling**
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
The Bani Thani workshop is great for the more accomplished artist... With fine details around the face and hands using a skin color technique. I enjoyed watching the instructor and putting my style on my painting. Overall, a positive experience!